Key features of ClinchMaster MX4
ClinchMaster MX4 can be used cordless using powerful Li.Ion batteries, giving the operator total and unrestricted mobility. It features optimum cycle control with automated return after the clinching process is finished
ClinchMaster MX4 is a high performance, yet low weight clinching tool. The core of the unit is an advanced electro-hydraulic drive featuring Li-Ion technology and providing a clinching force around 60 kN
Global technical data
- Overall length, including standard tong: 13 1/2", 340 mm
- Overall height, including standard tong: 9 1/2", 240 mm
- Weight of the drive, including a standard battery: 5.3 lbs, 2.4 kg
- Weight of the tongs; approx 2.5 lbs, 1.15 kg
Tongs with adapted punch-and-die sets
- A variety of clinching tongs, including punch-and-die sets adapted to the thickness of the material to be joined are available
- Tongs are closed at rest for operator safety and open manually to allow straddling of flanges and return lips
- Type T1 aims at light gauge sheets with thickness in the range 2x24ga-2x22ga, 2x0.5-2x0.8 mm
- Type T2 is foreseen for thickness in the range 2x20ga-2x18ga, 2x0.8-2x1.3 mm
- Type T3 is for light load bearing structures in the range around 2x16ga, 2x1.3-2x1.6 mm
- Type T4 is for medium load bearing structures in the range around 2x14ga, 2x1.6-2x2.0 mm
- Special tongs are available for thicker material
- Tongs as well as punch-and-die sets are patented or patents pending
- Specifications approximate and subject to change
A complete ClinchMaster MX4, ready for use. The unit will make 250-350 clinch joints on a battery load.
Tongs from the T-series The T-25 series, upper photo, have a bite of 1", 25 mm, and open about 1", 25 mm The T-45 series, lower photo, have a bite of 1 3/4", 45 mm, and open about 1 1/4", 32 mm
Tong from the O-series O40 series feature a circular, 1 9/16*, 40 mm diameter reinforced window, rendering the tong particularly stiff. Opens about 1 1/4", 32 mm
Sturdy metallic case with room for clinching tongs, second battery, rapid charger and Power Supply unit.
A rapid charger 110 V and 230 V, will load the battery fully in less than one hour. It will be possible to work more or less uninterrupted by swapping between one battery on the charger and one on the tool.
For more systematic in-factory use, ClinchMaster MX4 can also operate with an optional Power Supply unit for 110 V and 230 V, slotted into the battery socket and connected to the mains through a power cord.
Tongs open wide to allow straddling of flanges and return lips
Tongs pivot +/- 180 degrees with respect to the drive for optimum operator comfort.
Changing tongs is a simple, 5-second, snap-out/snap-in operation.